Reference : UMR5214-JEAGAY-040
Workplace : MONTPELLIER
Date of publication : Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Type of Contract : FTC Technical / Administrative
Contract Period : 34 months
Expected date of employment : 1 November 2022
Proportion of work : Full time
Remuneration : Between 2 497 and 3 160 € gross salary monthly according to experience
Desired level of education : Higher than 5-year university degree
Experience required : 1 to 4 years
The missions consist in implementing the work on the development of a new kind of biosensor operating in the terahertz (THz) frequency range. The aim is to characterize (electrically and optically) this sensor before integrating it into a micro-fluidic system. THz spectroscopy on optically excited proteins will be a very important part of the missions to be carried out.
This recruitment offer is part of the European FET Open LINkS project (https://project-links.eu/) coordinated in Montpellier.
– Electrical (DC) and optical (THz) characterization of the electronic components used as the basic brick of the biosensor,
– Characterization of the micro-fluidic circuit,
– Data acquisition campaign on model proteins,
– Writing of reports on the results obtained,
– Communication of results within the consortium of the project.
– Perform AC/DC measurements on basic electronic components,
– Know how to perform optical, microwave and THz measurements,
– Ability to follow Data Management Plan,
– Ability to work in a team and to collaborate in a project context involving international collaborators.
The activity will be carried out at the Institute of Electronics and Systems (IES, UMR5214) located in Montpellier, in the framework of the European project LINkS. The objective is to develop a THz biosensor (lab-on-chip) allowing to experimentally demonstrate the activation of protein-protein attraction mechanisms over long distances [1-3] by changing the paradigms of the self-organization of the intracellular living matter. IES has an internationally recognized expertise in this field of research [4-5].
At the heart of the interdisciplinary project in which he/she will be fully involved, the candidate will interact intensively with the members of the consortium teams (physicists, biologists, biochemists and companies) in the framework of a roadmap established for the next 3 years. He/she will be closely supervised to go beyond the limits of his/her own training disciplines.
 H. Fröhlich, Nature 228, 12 (1970)
 J. Preto, M. Pettini, et al. Phys. Rev. E, 052710 (2015)
 Z. Zhang, Marlan O. Scully, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 158101 (2019)
 M. Lechelon et al. Science Adv. 8, eabl5855 (2022)
 I. Nardecchia et al. Phys. Rev. X, 8, 031061 (2018)
To apply on the CNRS’ website, click here.